The Spring Mountains of the Red Rock Canyon National Conservation Area surround the 877-acre village of The Ridges, meaning residents are practically living at the entrance to Red Rock Canyon.
A feeling of serenity is ever-present as you pass through three sets of security gates into the development that houses seven custom and four high-end, pre-designed subsections.
While the modern design is prevalent, Frank Lloyd Wright influences are also present throughout the neighborhood.
• Boulder Ridge is a collection of 46 residences of semi-custom designs by Christopher Homes that simplifies the customization process without sacrificing individual style and luxury.
• Promontory Ridge, with lots drawing near an acre, lies at the highest levels of elevation of The Ridges. Thanks to the height restrictions enforced by the Summerlin building codes, all views from Promontory Ridge are unimpeded.
• Silver Ridge and Stone Ridge are also semi-custom home collections.
• Arrowhead is in the middle section of The Ridges, flanked on both ends by the Bear’s Best golf course. Lots in Arrowhead start at 2/3 of an acre.
• Falcon Ridge focuses on natural splendor to accompany the custom built homes.
• Red Hawk is a section with 80 custom homes built in desert contemporary style architecture.
• Topaz Ridge is noteworthy because of the single story floor plans, built by William Lyon Homes
• Azure is the newest custom home addition to The Ridges.
The Pointe is an intimate cluster of 12 outstanding custom homes within The Ridges. Three sets of security gates ensure privacy and safety for all residents of this exclusive niche. Large lots provide a buffer from neighbors and give way to niceties like private putting greens and sports courts.
The Ridges Townhomes
Fairway Hills is a collection of townhomes within The Ridges built by luxury Las Vegas homebuilder, Toll Brothers. The complex is near Club Ridges, the exclusive, resort-style recreational and social gathering place for residents of The Ridges.
Amenities consist of rare natural stone on countertops, fireplaces, exposed ceiling beams, and custom tile work throughout, garages, and native landscaping; some include casitas, all combined for a well-designed, low-maintenance home.
Residents of Fairway Hills have access to the private clubhouse with swimming and spa areas, barbecue areas, fire pit, recreation area, community putting green, and covered community patio.
The Golf Course
Jack Nicklaus-designed Bear’s Best Las Vegas golf course is the center of the village, complete with a full-service clubhouse for casual dining options. Vistas from the bar and dining room are impressive, and the clubhouse took full advantage of this with an abundance of outdoor seating.
Views From Homes in The Ridges
No two views are the same from homes for sale in The Ridges, and uninterrupted views of the city are possible from balconies wrapping around homes. The Ridges community rises to 3,200 feet above sea level, almost 1,200 feet above the Las Vegas valley.
Party organizers can be in the kitchen and still take part of entertaining while enjoying the views. Most homes are on the golf course and provide Strip views through an unobstructed indoor-outdoor expanse.
Who and Why In The Ridges
Carlos Santana and Penn Jillette live in The Ridges, as does the owner of Unique Custom homes. With high-end finishes, custom furniture, gyms, elevators, home theaters, media rooms, wine cellars, seven-car garages on a half-acre or larger home site, the appeal is universal.
One home in The Ridges received an Award of Merit honor in the 2015 Gold Nugget Awards for architectural design and the 2015 Award of Distinction from the Southern Nevada Water Authority for its landscape schematics. A 2007 Parade of Homes showpiece is also within The Ridges community.
Casitas for guests extended family members or caretakers are familiar additions to floor plans, as are private waterfalls, hair salons, and massage rooms, private courtyards, or a laundry room with a dog wash.
Club Ridges is a private, resort-like fitness and lifestyle center designed for socializing, children’s activities, wellness appreciation, and group fitness events. Only homeowners in The Ridges may join the club. Privacy is abundant, and you can enjoy playing golf, the club-like lifestyle, walking trails and a short hop to downtown Summerlin.
Summerlin, as a community, is very conscientious about preserving the natural habitat of the desert. The Ridges is an eco-friendly village as well, with most homes adding solar panels or home technology to reduce energy consumption and carbon footprints.
Let’s start the search for your home in The Ridges today. Click here to contact me.